Sacred Heart Koch Street 1889 – 1925

The Marist Brothers arrived in Johannesburg in 1889 to start a school. After having bought a property in Koch Street and building three classrooms and a house for the Brothers.

Marist Brothers College Observatory 1926 – 1955

By 1924 the foundation stone of the second Marist College, in Observatory was laid and opened its doors in 1926 for the entire senior section of the old Koch Street School.

Marist Brothers College Observatory 1956 – 1979

The Maristonian of 1956 reflected the new Marist Observatory Badge and was published by the students. (The first Maristonian was published by the Old Boys Association in 1926).

Sacred Heart College 1980 – 1993

In 1980 Marist Brothers College Observatory became co-educational with the amalgamation of the St Angela’s Ursuline Convent and the Holy Family Convent.

Sacred Heart College 1994 - Present

Sacred Heart College is continually changing to offer education for South Africans for the future generations.